Pages

Friday, March 24, 2017

Rainy Days

My ideal place to live, if only for a few years, would be Washington state. The beautiful trees, mountains, chilly ocean water, and of course the rain all appeal to me. As a girl living in the valleys of Kentucky, we don’t get too much of that here. Living in the valley might sound nice, but unfortunately it results in pollution hanging in the air, temperamental weather (you can literally experience almost all four seasons of the year here in February), and our “mountains” are little more than hills. With all of that being said, I still love it here. It’s home. But here’s to the first rainy days of Spring, and a nod to my slightly improving photography skills.





I can find almost anything to be beautiful, in some way shape or form. Give me a pile of rocks in some nice lighting and I’ll like something about it. One thing I tried unsuccessfully to capture in low lighting was how many colors there were in the grass, leaves, clovers, blossoming flowers, and dying vegetation. I had several photos I loved when I was outside, but thirty minutes later inside of my home - still cold - I realized how shaky a few shots were, and how unfocused one of my favorites were. Some of these aren’t my best works and I’m sure any photographers out there who read this will look at these photos the way one may view art. That is, perfectly flawed and wouldn’t change a thing or as an unfinished piece that needs a few extra things. (yeahhh these kinda suck, but oh well). In any case, let me know what you guys think in the comments!! All tips are appreciated and readily accepted, so feel free so chat.


xoxo, Alexis

No comments :

Post a Comment