Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Changes on the Horizon for A Reflecting Girl

Inspired by other bloggers and YouTubers, I created A Reflecting Girl. Which probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do, considering I’m terrified of putting myself out there online, I have no internet, no laptop of my own, poor photography skills, and only a Windows Nokia phone to experiment with said photography skills. That being said, I like writing, and I’m an introvert who’s in a digital generation and I need to put myself out there, in some way shape or form. I like a challenge.


Although I do have an interest in maybe, just maybe, getting into YouTube, I’m taking this one step at a time. And the reason I’m afraid to put my picture out there online is because as a kiddo, I was told by someone that if I ever put a picture of myself out there perverts would get ahold of it and yeahhh let’s not get into that. Which is true to an extent. But I feel so damn silly for not having a profile photo and for being so scared of something that could literally happen to anyone.
With all of that being placed into perspective, I’ll be deleting several old posts and starting anew. I’m still a little undecided on posting several things I’m interested in, only because this blog is a fresh little baby on the internet and I’ll need some metaphorically tougher skin before posting things that I’m sensitive about.


I can’t give you guys set days on when I’ll be posting. Likely I'll post once or twice a week, before nine in the morning on weekdays, and I’ll rarely post on weekends. Since it’s my only social media account I can either access or keep up with, I’ll also post on Twitter on @Reflecting_Girl when a new post is up, and over on Bloglovin'. So, if you guys want to see an amateur in both photography and blogging flail about in open waters, stick around, see if I make it. While I attempt to put myself out there and work on this little blog, let me know what you guys think in the comments, or shoot me an email or comment on Twitter and I’ll get back to you guys.


xoxo Alexis